Estimator wanted for Interior Construction Projects (Brooklyn)
compensation: hourly rate with bonuses for projects won based on your estimate
QR Code Link to This Post
Looking for someone with estimating experience that can receive drawings for interior construction projects, review and analyze to create an estimate for how much the job should cost. For now, a great deal of the projects are retail, but maybe some residential and other commercial work as well.
The ideal candidate will have proficiency with English, have access to a computer (may be willing to provide a budget for computer for the right candidate), have experience with reading blueprints, can work with Google Docs, Google Sheets or Microsoft Word and Excel.
You will receive the drawings typically in pdf format, review and estimate how much manpower, time, special equipment may be necessary and formulate an estimate based on a template we provide you.
This position requires you to analyze blueprints and specifications to generate detailed scopes of work and translate those into estimates. Individual must be a self-starter, well organized, extremely detail oriented and provide outstanding customer service and follow-up.
The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset. A great estimator must also be thorough and careful in collecting information and managing relationships with key persons.
The goal is to provide accurate and concise estimates that will enable the company to increase the number of job bids won as well as ensuring the profitability of those jobs.
We are willing to work with the right candidate who may not necessarily have all the skills, but can learn new skills quickly.
* Analyze drawings and specifications, material use and selections, scope of work and perform quantity take-offs.
* Write detailed bid proposals.
* Provide timely follow-up on all requests, questions and/or concerns.
* Determine the variables that will be used to produce valid cost and other estimates
* Conduct research by reviewing documents, consulting with experts etc. to obtain all necessary data
* Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
* Experience as Estimator or as an installer who knows what it takes to complete projects (manpower, time)
* Capacity to accurately read blueprint takeoffs and specifications
* Proficient with putting together estimates and bids
* High level of attention to detail and cost analysis
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Must exhibit professionalism, dependability, accountability and punctuality
* Excellent organizational skills
* Time management skills for juggling multiple deadlines
* In depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas
* Great math ability with an analytical mindset
* Strong computer skills
* Open and flexible work availability
* Ability to read and understand blueprints
* Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
* Ability to fully understand plans and specifications
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers